Acceptance of Terms
What Information We Collect/Receive
We collect and/or receive the following categories of information:
When you contact us through the “Contact Us” page, or sign up to receive special offers & promotions, or sign up to become a Registered User, you will be asked to provide certain information which may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, and student’s name if you are registering on behalf of a student (collectively, the “Contact Information”).
If you wish to purchase our Products, you will also be required to provide us with certain additional information such as your name, shipping address, and the Products you wish to order (“Order Information”). If you place an order as a guest (without creating an account as a Registered User), we will use your Order Information solely as necessary to process your order.
Certain features and functionalities of the Online and Digital Properties are based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of Geolocational Information occurs only when the Mobile App is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case we will not be able to provide certain features of the Mobile App to you.
In addition to the Contact Information, Order Information, and Geolocational Information we may collect and/or receive additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From your Activity. In an ongoing effort to improve our Online and Digital Properties, we automatically collect certain information when visitors visit the Websites and Registered Users use the Online and Digital Properties, such as your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Websites visitors visit, similar information concerning your use of the Online and Digital Properties, information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), App type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G). If you use the “Shop Your School” feature on the Online and Digital Properties, we will collect the zip code that you use to use this feature, together with your IP address and school information.
- For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics
- For Magento, please visit https://magento.com/legal/terms/privacy
- For Crazy Egg, please visit https://www.crazyegg.com/
The Information Collected/Received from Your School
We may receive certain information about you from your school. Such information may include your name, and the Products you would like to order (“School Provided Information”). The School Provided Information shall be provided by your school in accordance with all applicable laws, including but not limited to Family Education and Privacy Act (“FERPA”),
The Information Collected/Received from our Sales Representatives and Through Paper Order Forms
We may receive your Contact Information, Billing Information and Order Information if you place your order with our sales representatives and/or using our paper order forms.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Companies
How to Opt Out of Third-Party Interest-Based Advertising
How the Information is Shared
You authorize us to use your Contact Information, Order Information, Geolocational Information, School Provided Information and Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Online and Digital Properties, Services and Products, to fulfill your requests and purchases; to send order notifications and marketing communications, to provide personalized and more convenient onsite shopping experience, to solicit your feedback, to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners. We will use your phone number to send you updates about your order and marketing notifications via SMS. If you would like to opt-out of receiving such SMS, please contact us at email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, billing, and administration of our promotional programs. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, the Online and Digital Properties, and our Products and Services, we may analyze your Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Online and Digital Properties and/or such Products and Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Online and Digital Properties and our products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of AAC or others.
We may share your Contact Information and Order Information with your school to determine your eligibility to receive the Products you order.
We may share your Contact Information, Order Information and School Provided Information with our sales representatives. All our sales representatives will use your information in accordance with the agreements we have with the sales representatives and solely as necessary to provide our Products and Services to you.
We may also share your credit card information in an anonymized manner with our business partners to create profiles to help us better market to our users.
We may share your Contact Information with your school counselors who will use the information to message you about your order.
Information we may Contribute to Cooperative Databases
We may contribute your Information to cooperative databases which give third parties subscribing for such databases access to your Information for the purposes of confirming viability of e-mails and fraud protection. If you do not wish to have your Information contributed to cooperative databases, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
If you have provided us any Contact Information and/or Order Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to certain elements of the same by logging in to your account. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any AAC marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the Online and Digital Properties.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. If you send us an email, we cannot guarantee the security of any information contained therein because we do not have control over the security of incoming emails.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Online and Digital Properties and its servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Online and Digital Properties, you do so at your own risk.
American Achievement Corporation
1550 W Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, Texas 75235
In addition, AAC does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us
Or write to us at:
American Achievement Corporation
1550 W Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, Texas 75235
Check out class rings,
yearbooks, and other
personalized school products!
If you have trouble finding your school, please try the following tips:
- Search by school name and city. Example, "washington high dallas".
- Search by school zip code. For example, instead of the school name you can search by the school's zip code. Beverly Hills High School could be located by searching "90210".
If you still cannot locate your school, please contact Balfour Customer Support, and we will be glad to help you.