Your Balfour ring is hand-crafted to meet your complete satisfaction. Only the finest materials have been used to ensure years of enjoyment. The following services will be performed at no cost for the original owner of the Balfour ring although return shipping expenses must be covered by the owner:
- Repair defects in workmanship or materials at the time of original delivery.
- If repairs cannot be made due to defects in workmanship and materials, the product will be replaced at Balfour’s discretion.
- Ring resizing, covered by warranty, is available for a maximum of two sizes up or down, but can be done only once. Further resizing would necessitate a remake.
- Clean and polish your ring.
- Non-genuine stones and cubic zirconia are covered only for defects in workmanship or materials; genuine stones and diamonds are not covered.
- Should your year of graduation or degree change at the same school, a change to your ring will be made at no charge (limited to one occurrence for year date and one occurrence for degree). A charge may apply for engraving changes where year date or degree is included.
- No other change from the original order is permitted under the warranty.
- This warranty is void if work is performed on your ring by someone other than Balfour.
- If the ring is damaged or worn beyond your satisfaction, it may be exchanged for a ring of current design at Balfour’s current remake charge.
- Be aware that this warranty exclusively covers manufacturing defects. Damages or issues that arise due to improper handling, a lack of proper care, or the natural wear and tear that occurs over time are expressly excluded from this warranty.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. In the event your ring needs warranty or non-warranty service, return your ring insured with a letter of instruction to:
ATTN: Repair Dept.
7211 Circle S. Road
Austin, TX 78745-6603
- Please include payment of $19.95 for return shipping, handling, and insurance fees. Return shipping, handling, and insurance fees apply to all warranty and non-warranty ring service. You will be notified by the Customer Service team with the exact amount owed for ring repair service if applicable.
- Pricing for shipping, handling, insurance is subject to change by Balfour at any time.
- For rings purchased since 1972.
The University name and logo features on this product are registered trademarks of that University. The Greek letters or names featured on this product are registered trademarks of that Greek organization.
As a proud owner of a fine ring by Balfour, a few precautions and some simple care will ensure your enjoyment of this fine piece of jewelry for years to come. It is natural for gold and silver to tarnish. You can remove tarnish easily with any good silver polish. After applying the polish with a soft cloth, clean your ring in a mild soapy solution. Then rinse the ring in clear water and dry.
Chemicals can discolor your ring. Some, like mercury, chlorine, or household chemicals, can cause permanent damage. Your ring can also be damaged in any form of heavy manual labor. To protect your ring, remove it whenever doing heavy work, whenever exposed to chemicals, while working on or near heavy machinery, or when working with power tools. Please note that these damages are not covered by the warranty.
Proper Ring Fit
Due to size variance between hands, make sure you are wearing your ring on the finger that you originally ordered the ring for. When a ring fits properly it should easily slide on, but will resist slightly when coming off, even taking 2-3 seconds to get over your knuckle. This is normal and especially common for men, who typically have larger knuckles.
If your ring initially seems a little large or too small, we recommend your wear it for a few weeks to get used to it before exchanging it for a different size. Fingers have a tendency to swell and shrink as much as ½ size depending on the time of day, temperature, and after performing certain physical activities. Therefore, it is normal to have a ring feel tight sometimes and loose other times. Wearing your new ring for a few weeks will help you better determine if an exchange is necessary.
Ring Loss Protection Plan SM
Your Balfour ring is so precious that it is automatically protected against loss or theft. If your ring is lost or stolen, Balfour will replace the jewelry. This protection plan is in effect of four years from the date of purchase on all original rings purchased after August 1, 1996, and is limited to a single replacement of your original jewelry during the four-year period. This Ring Loss Protection Plan excludes diamonds, precious stones, Military Academy rings, and Championship rings.
Requirements for replacement:
- Ring Loss Protection Plan/Warranty Card
- Original Invoice
- Specs for replacement ring must be identical to original jewelry: stone, date, curriculum, school, and all other options
- Request for replacement must be made within 45 days from date of loss
- Police Report Number (as applicable)
- Explanation of circumstances of loss
Send request for replacement with original invoice, the Ring Loss Protection Plan/Warranty Card and a check or money order for the then current replacement fee plus a shipping and handling charge to:
Balfour College Rings
Attn: Ring Loss Protection Plan Dept.
P.O. Box 149056
Austin, TX 78714-9056
When shipping via UPS or FedEx use the following address:
7211 Circle S Rd.
Austin, TX 78745-6603
Replacement fees may vary due to the fluctuating cost of precious metals such as gold, palladium, silver, and platinum. The Ring Loss Protection Plan is backed by an insurance policy. All terms stated above are subject to change at Balfour’s discretion.